Special rules for wild turkey hunting
The following rules also apply:
- Wild turkey hunting is permitted in the morning only, from 30 minutes before sunrise until midday.
- You do not need to wear a fluorescent orange bib to hunt wild turkey.
- In Québec, you can kill your two turkeys in the same half-day, provided the second turkey comes from zone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (during spring only) or 10.
- Since wild turkey is not considered to be a small game animal, there are restrictions on firing from public roads in some zones.
- A dog cannot be used to hunt wild turkey, except in autumn, when the use of pointing or flushing dogs is permitted.
Bag limits for wild turkey
A hunter may kill 3 wild turkeys per year, as follows:
Spring season: two bearded turkeys. However, the second must be killed in one of the following zones: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. The hunter may kill both turkeys during the same half-day of hunting.
Fall season: one wild turkey, bearded or not, in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10.
Text from the Government of Quebec website.
Photo credit: Avian X